How’s your week been so far? Are you struggling? Counting down the hours until the weekend? Just remember to look for the sunshine, count your blessings, and remind yourself all you have to be thankful for. That’s what I’m doing today! Here are five things I’m thankful for this week.
1. For family and friendships that can handle distance and time. Last weekend I visited family that I haven’t seen in years and I talked to some friends who hadn’t talked to in months. Isn’t it nice when you have those people that you don’t need to talk to every single day or week to stay close to. The people you can just pick up with no matter how long it has been. I love having people in my life that I know will be there in a second if I need them — no matter how long it’s been since we’ve talked or seen each other.
2. For dreams of the future. I love looking at nursery room ideas on Pinterest or talking with my husband about what kind of house we want to build someday. We have no idea what all the future will hold — both good and bad — but it is so fun to dream about it all. I’m so thankful God holds the desires of my heart and that they are just as precious to Him as they are to me.
3. If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw my post about how I fell more in love with my husband this past weekend (if that’s even possible!). I am just so thankful for the man he is and that I get to be a part of his life to see so many of his character traits. He is patient, kind, caring, has a great attitude, a gentlemen, has the heart of a servant, a great sense of humor, a cute laugh, good looks, helpful, and so much more. He was just so sweet this past week. I wish I could better show him how appreciative I am of him. Anybody want to buy a boat for me to give him as a gift?
4. For Christmas excitement. I know it is only September… but I’ve already bought my nieces’ Christmas presents because I got really excited one day for the Christmas season. I just couldn’t help it! I love getting gifts for people! Did I mention I’ve already started on our Christmas cards for this year? I don’t believe there is such a thing as “too soon.” I’ve never been a procrastinator, why start now?
5. For fans. This one is kind of out there and random! I am so thankful to whoever invented fans. We have a large fan in our bedroom, and I love how it keeps us cool at night and also creates some white noise to help me sleep. Fans rule!
What are some things you are thankful for this week? Any other fan-lovers out there? Anyone else bought Christmas gifts already?