Our holiday cookies series is coming to an end. Have you tried any of my cookie recipes? My favorite recipe is Swirl Butter Cookies — I could eat those all day!
Today, I’m sharing Snowflake Oreos! These cookies are so easy, probably because half the cookie is already made thanks to Nabisco.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- White chocolate chips
- Decorating Gel
Begin by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals. Stir between each heating until the chocolate is completely melted. It usually take one minute, but you have to do it in intervals or the chocolate will scorch.
Take one Oreo at a time and drop it into the chocolate, covering all sides. I used a fork to lift the Oreo out of the chocolate, letting the extra drip off. Set each chocolate covered Oreo on a sheet of wax paper.
Let the chocolate set by waiting about one hour. Once the chocolate is hardened, use the decorating gel to draw snowflakes on each one. I used a light blue decorating gel that had confetti mixed in, which I thought helped make the snowflakes sparkle.
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 15 Oreos (approximately)
- 1 tube decorating gel (light blue)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring between each heating
- Place each Oreo in the chocolate, covering the Oreo
- Using a fork, pull Oreo out of chocolate, letting extra chocolate drip off
- Place Oreos on wax paper to dry
- Once chocolate is hardened, draw snowflakes using decorating gel