With summer parties and get-togethers in full swing, I wanted to share this recipe I tried a few years ago with ya’ll. It’s one of those desserts you don’t have to bake, which means less heat in the kitchen. Strawberry Icebox Cake is cold and full of fresh strawberries.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Graham Crackers
- Dark Chocolate Chips
First, you’ll wash and slice all your strawberries. Set them aside. (Try not to eat them all before you use them!)
Next, you’ll be making homemade whipped cream. Start by whipping the part of the heavy cream either with a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer. Whip it until it begins to look like whipped cream. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
Spread a little whipped cream on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Layer it with graham crackers — six of them to be exact. Then spread more whipped cream on top. Layer sliced strawberries on top. Repeat this process until you have four layers of graham crackers.
Finally, you’ll need to make a dark chocolate ganache. Just the name of that makes my mouth water! Heat the remaining heavy cream — 1/4 cup — on medium heat until bubbles begin to form around the edges. Pour the heated cream on top of our dark chocolate chips in a bowl. Let it stand a minute or two so the chocolate chips will melt. Then whisk it together until it’s thick and shiny and oh, so good.
Drizzle the dark chocolate ganache on top of your dessert. Put the dessert in the fridge for at least four hours before serving. This helps those graham crackers get soft. Add a few strawberries on top for garnish, and you are set!
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 3¾ cup heavy cream, divided
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 sleeves graham crackers
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips
- Wash and slice all the strawberries
- Whip 3½ cups heavy cream with hand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer until it holds stiff peaks
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla
- Spread the whipped cream on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Layer six graham crackers on top
- Spread whipped cream on top of graham crackers
- Layer sliced strawberries on top
- Repeat until you have four layers of graham crackers
- Spread more whipped cream on top, swirling with a spoon for a pretty look
- Add a few more strawberries to the top
- Heat the remaining ¼ cup cream until bubbles form around edges
- Pour cream over chocolate chips
- Let it stand for a couple minutes, then whisk together
- Drizzle ganache over dessert
- Refrigerate for four hours before serving to soften the graham crackers
Follow my Pinterest board My Recipes for more delicious meal ideas!