Hello fall. It’s nice to see you again.
October has begun! Let’s bring on all things pumpkin! So how about some cinnamon pumpkin cookies? They’re soft and taste like fall itself.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brown sugar
- Baking Soda
- Cinnamon Bun Icing
Begin by creaming together the sugars and butter. You can use the traditional method of bowl and spoon or use a standing mixer.
Slowly add in the eggs and pumpkin while stirring. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to your first mixture while stirring. A wonderful pumpkin dough will form. Scoop the dough into balls onto a baking sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop — I just bought it and it makes scooping cookie dough so much easier and just the right size too!
Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes. Once the cookies cool, ice them with the special cinnamon bun frosting.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz can pumpkin
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Cinnamon Bun Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together sugars and butter
- While mixing, add in eggs and pumpkin
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture while stirring
- Scoop dough into balls on baking sheet
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes
- After cooled, frost with cinnamon bun icing
For more recipes, click here.