I never knew I liked chicken salad until one day I had a little of my mother-in-law’s while we were taking a road trip. I was hungry and it was my only option, so I tried it. And low and behold it was actually pretty good. This summer, I tried more chicken salad, and again I liked it. And just a couple weeks ago, my mom took me to a local restaurant where she had been going on and on about their chicken salad. I got some and fell in love just like she had. It was delicious! In fact, I went back again another day, all by myself, for more.
I wanted to recreate this amazing chicken salad if possible. I knew it had grapes and cashews, and it had a delicious sweet and salty flavor. I found recipes of chicken salad with grapes, and then added in the other ingredients I knew this restaurant put in their chicken salad.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken, cooked and shredded
- Red seedless grapes, halved
- Celery, chopped
- Cashews, halved
- Miracle whip
- Garlic salt
- Mrs. Dash original seasoning
Mix together the shredded chicken, halved grapes, halved cashews, and chopped celery.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo, miracle whip, and seasonings.
Combine the two mixtures. Serve with crackers or on croissants.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1½ cups halved red seedless grapes
- 2 cups chopped celery
- ½ cup halved cashews
- ½ cup miracle whip
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ⅛ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix together the celery, chicken, cashews, and grapes
- In separate bowl, whisk together mayo, miracle whip, and seasonings
- Combine the two mixtures
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving
- Serve on croissants or with crackers