Happy first day of fall ya’ll! It’s here, it’s finally here! I feel like everyone loves fall. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who didn’t like fall. It’s just the best! And with it comes pumpkin — cake, bread, drinks — pumpkin everything! So how about some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
In honor of the first day of fall, I wanted to share a pumpkin recipe with you. My roommate Ricci used to make these cookies every fall and we all went ga-ga over them! I decided to whip up a batch myself and
eat them all myself share with friends and co-workers.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie mix
- Chocolate chips (Any kind you want. Dark chocolate, anyone?)
These cookies are pretty simple to make. You start by mixing most of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Then you cream the butter and sugars together. I did it in my KitchenAid mixer. Then add in the egg and vanilla. Then the pumpkin.
Next, while the mixer is stirring I added in the dry ingredients. Then threw in the chocolate chips, did a couple stirs and the dough was ready. I let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to let it set up. Then scoop it onto a cookie sheet. I used parchment paper so there is less of a clean up! Bake and eat! These are so yummy when they are warm!
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ cups oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups pumpkin pie mix
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin pie mix and stir well.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture while stirring.
- Once combined, add in the chocolate chips.
- Let dough sit for five minutes.
- Scoop into balls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?
Be sure to check out my other recipes: